Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Kayaking on the Bay

It was a gorgeous day today, warm with a nice breeze. We have had days of rain and more to come, so it was nice to get out while we had a chance. My husband and I both needed a fun day to relax and enjoy ourselves. This was our launch site, the harbor in Wickford which is just down the road from me.




The first thing we paddle around is a small island. I think they call it rabbit island now, but it was once Queens Island, where the indians lived in the summer. I was treated with a view of the falcon nesting on her high perch.





I love to stop and enjoy the views and we made this our first stop, the breakers where the boats come in and out of the harbor.



Our last stop was the town beach. We are fortunate to have a beautiful beach for the town residents. It is a great place to stop and take a swim and just enjoy the day. It was a nice afternoon and we took our time and just had some relax time for the both of us.

2 comments:

Jacque. said...

Hey Debbie...I am so happy that your blog is here, now! I can check in with you any time!!! YAY! WOW...love the photos and I am happy that you had a great day on the water!

WoolenSails said...

I love how blogger works and I can list my favorite blogs too and see when they are updated. It was good to get out, wish it would stop raining so much, so I could get out more before the summer ends.

Debbie