Thursday, January 29, 2009

Antique finds and Kitties

Today I did my Library run and hit a few local antique stores. We lost our prim store, but a new antique store took it's place and I found lots of wonderful things today. Of course I didn't take them all home, I just admired them and wondered where I might put them, lol. But, I did find one fun item that I had to have and will use it to make a theme area.

I found this basket of thread bobbins from a local mill. It came with a paper that explains about them and the mill they came from. I thought it was a great piece of Rhode Island history and a textile theme would be fun. I do have to do something about that ugly topper I put on my table. I guess I need to make an extreme prim penny for that table now. I have my drying rack with doilies and items above it and the quilt ladder next to them. I did see an antique rug beater and maybe I will pick one up next time, would go nicely on the wall.



I think Dora is teaching Izzy bad habits. Dora just loves that frame and now Izzy has adopted my newest project and the frame, so I have to fight to get any work done lately;)



Here is a close up of Dora, she is just too cute. But, don't let that sweet face fool you, lol.



Izzy really wants to fit in with the family. She was supposed to stay until my son found a new home for her. But, as you can see, she just loves it here and loves her sister Dora.

6 comments:

kelley said...

Awe...the girls look so happy...I'd say your son is out of luck on ever getting her out of the house now..

JoJo said...

So, Debbie, are you going to keep Izzy?

WoolenSails said...

Well, I would like to find her a new home, but that isn't going to happen;)

Debbie

Carole said...

What a lovely find! I do enjoy old spools of thread!

Unknown said...

I love the wooden spools. I love the history behind them, we really used to have cloths factories here in the states.
Also love the cats, wish my hubby loved them as much as I do.
Katie

Brenda said...

OMG! Those kitties are wonderful. just looking at them makes me feel all warm and fuzzy....