Friday, May 29, 2009

Wool Quilt

Everyone is talking about making wool quilts lately.
I have always loved working with wool and since I was in a lazy mood today, I decided to make some wool blocks.
I plan on making a full sized quilt, by making blocks with various designs from my books.
Then I will place them together and fill in where needed. I may do edges and I will probably embellish a bit, here and there, so it will be a work in progress.

I have a lot of scrap wool, some too thin or too thick for rug hooking, so this is a perfect project to use some of it up.
These two are black blocks, I will do a few more in black and the others in tans and browns. No set plan, just make as I go and see what I end up with;)

Unfortunately night shot using flash, so not do wool work, justice. I also did a block with a house and cat, but not enough time to finish that one tonight. I will keep the theme with cats, flowers and birds and maybe a few panels with stars to fill in.

7 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Oh your off to a great start and your wool quilt is sure to be a beautiful treasure!

Karmen said...

Fabulous work. I would do more wool, but, sadly, I am allergic. Your quilt will be beautiful.

Christine said...

I am anxious to see what you do!!! Looks wonderful!

Gayle said...

That's going to be so cute! Will you stitch the blocks together with a regular 1/4" seam? Or maybe butt them together and zig zag? Lots of options!

Jacque. said...

ohman...I am trying not to think about the wool quilt, as I don't really need one more project. But, I'll be watching you do your quilt...your applique is gorgeous.

appleberrycottage said...

Great idea! How are you going to join all the blocks together? I can't wait to see it.
Laura

WoolenSails said...

I was thinking of sewing the seams and then going over them with machine crazy stitches. We shall see when I make enough blocks to put it together. I tend to make things with no plans until I get to that part;)

Debbie