Saturday, October 17, 2009

Still Sick but Busy

This is the longest flu, I have had. But, on the bright side, if it is the swine flu, I can relax and not worry the rest of the winter;)
I have been working on a punched project for a special friend and today I made a teeny tiny stocking for a group challenge we were doing today. I think it took me longer to stitch this, then to punch one;) The pattern was in an old issue of good housekeeping. It is two inches long, so I will add it to a christmas doll display.



I have also been blessed with good friends who send me special presents, just because they are nice.Lori sent me a wonderful package today. I love the pumpkin and mat she made for me. The picture is in my kitchen, but I have it on my apothecary box, which it is perfect for. I also won prizes this week, I have no idea where that luck is coming from, never had it before, lol. So, when I receive the gifts, I will share them with you. Since I have been blessed so much this week, I will be having a contest this week. A little hint, it is a signed copy;) So, keep your eyes open for the contest.

11 comments:

antique quilter said...

I love little things ! this little stocking is soo cute!
love putting things like this on a cabinet door makes you come into the room and look at what it is
just wonderful.
What a nice little table runner, great fall decoration with the pumpkin
I would leave it out all year round though!
love the colors. lucky you!
glad your feeling better
Kathie

Gollywobbles said...

I started a little project using a Primitive Betty's freebie, and I chuckled because I think it's definitely quicker to punch than x-stitch. Lucky you with the mat and pumpkin. Your stocking is very cute, and I hope you feel better soon! Hugs, Sam

moosecraft said...

That little stocking is soooo cute! Would look nice on a feather tree too! Lori sent you some beautiful creations too! Rest and feel better! It is no fun being sick... hugs, Sharon

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Love your gifts. Just beautiful! Keep your feet up and get better real soon. Do some more stitching while just sitting. Sorry it has knocked you for a loop, but hope it's the last one you'll get this season!

Juliann said...

Hope that flu passes soon so you can enjoy all the fun coming your way. I have some little giftie projects that I need to get working on too.

primitivebettys said...

Your stocking is precious! Love the lil' deer on it! :) And your gift from Lori! WOW! She has such a way witch color... truly warm & perfect!

I hope you are feeling better soon. I'm so sorry you are still suffering the flu woes. Wish there was something I could do for ya.

Smiles,

Betty

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love your little pumpkin and mat..looks wonderful..can't wait to see your winnings too...and I hope you get to feeling better very soon..;)

Busym1 said...

the stocking is adorable and your gifts are wonderful! Our kids have the H1N1 flu, and they were pretty sick! I hope you feel better soon! (you don't want the test for that flu, beleive me!) Hugs, michelle

lej619 said...

OMG!! that stocking is sooo cute!! glad to hear you are starting to feel better.

Anonymous said...

What a nice gifts!
Hope you feel better soon, rest and do some stitches;))
Imi

Lily Boot said...

that is so very sweet! I hope you get better soon - we too have had such a winter of colds and flus and bronchitis! ugh! hope whatever you have provides you with some jolly good protection over the cold months to come.