Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Floods are not Fun

I am amazed at all of the devastation I have seen on the news and in photos.
My husband takes a back road to get to the highway, that takes him to work.
Yesterday, he found a road block and had to find a way around it, which isn't easy, since most of the roads are extreme back roads and probably worse. This is the road he goes on, this is why, he could not.



This is the road that leads to our local rug hooking shop. The shop is further down and to the side of the river that caused this.
This is not a big river, but it is a long one and it is all coming down and flooding the towns it runs through. The river actually goes all the way to the end of the state and out to the ocean, so a lot of damage in it's path. I did not take these pictures, I am staying close to home. We are in a dry zone, luckily.

13 comments:

Margaret said...

I heard on the news that you all were hit hard up there. We've had flooding around this area too, but we were lucky and we're fine. Had to drive through streams on the roads, but nothing compared to that. Hope you all are ok!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

we have had floods like this where we live..but we are in a high area too...I hope it gets better for you...oh and you can leave comments on my blog..it must have just blended with the background..;) happy Easter..:)

paulette said...

That is awful!! I hope that the rain stops and the water recedes before more damage is done!! I hope everyone stays safe!
Paulette

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Oh my goodness!

Joanne said...

It's amazing what "water" does! Glad you guys are safe.

patijane's primitives said...

Good to read that you are safe and dry, Debbie. Hope the waters go down soon. Take care.

moosecraft said...

Oh Debbie! That is horrible!!! Your state got hit by this storm so much harder than here! I hope the water receeds fast and folks did not loose too much from the flooding... take care!

Deb said...

I have heard of all the incredible flooding the east coast has had. You have really gotten your share of precipitation this year. Stay safe and hopefully things will dry out soon.

antique quilter said...

wow it really is bad up there, hopefully the next week of sun should help
Kathie

Anonymous said...

I had heard about the floods but didn't realize this is where you were. I'm glad your safe and dry.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie ~
I'm glad to hear you are high and dry. I hope the waters begin to recede soon.
Happy Easter.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

appleberrycottage said...

All that flooding has made the news headlines. Wish I could send you the gorgeous weather we've had this past week. Today is about 80 ~ and sunny!
Laura

Brenda said...

Well, that's not good. Hope you and yours are warm, toasty and dry. Hang in there! What goes up, must come down...the waters will recede soon and then you'll have the Summer drought! Gotta love New England! =)