Friday, September 17, 2010

Crows!

I thought my pumpkin patch needed some crows, so I made up some little ones to add to the display.
The patterns are from ones I got from Tennessee Ridge Primitives.

I did mine in wools, but the actual ones where painted cloth and really prim. I was too lazy to make that, so I just sewed the shapes together and added eyes, quick and simple;)



Here is a close up of the basket. I got this basket from a prim shop in Mystic Connecticut. They have the nicest prims and antiques, but have gotten a bit pricey for me now. I used a black mohair wool for the longer crows and a dark brown tweedy wool for the others.



Here are the black crows. Not sure if the photos are ok, I cannot see a thing. I have been working on a new punch all day, so my eyes are blurry;)

16 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Deb ~
Very cute! So productive ~ as always.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Cat Haven Craft House said...

Deb, Just prim as can be! Neat contrast to the orange pumpkins!

Joanne said...

Cute crows!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Too cute Debbie!

Rock River Stitches said...

Love your little crows! Especially cute in the mini wheelbarrow with the tiny pumpkins!

Tammy

moosecraft said...

Really cute! Great idea!

kelley said...

your crows are great Debbie...love that shape!

Tammy Burks said...

Too cute!

arlyce said...

You do so much and I think that it is all so appealing. Such a great display

Lynn Barbadora said...

I love them Deb!
Hugs,
Lynn

Anonymous said...

You have the sweetest decor!!

Dorothy said...

Love the crows! They look great in wool.

Cindy said...

Debbie, I have no idea how I came upon your blog but I am so glad I did because everytime I visit, I find myself smiling.

Caroline B said...

Just love those crows!
We spent last Halloween week in Boston & visited Salem - we were blown away by the fantastic decorations & have never seen so many pumpkins in our lives!

Millie said...

I love your fall decorations...the kitty is cute.

Louise said...

Wonderful fall display and the crows fit right in! Did you make the black cat? If so, what pattern did you use?
Louise