Wednesday, November 24, 2010

New Christmas Stitcheries!

I am not having one of my better days. I went to antique a few pieces and one came out with dark, just in the middle.
So, I washed it out and then redried it, but the red from the wool had soaked through and turned the design into red blotches.
I rewashed it and letting it dry, so will see what happens. It was one that I put more work into, so hope I can fix it.

I decided to redo my santa into a smaller ornament and changed his arms to simplify it.
I was going to make two, but it took me three days to make him, I am a really slow cross stitcher. That and I cannot see what I am doing, as it is;) The other looks off to me and now I know why. It is a design by Tiffany of Primitive Blessings and there are supposed to be stars, stitched on the bucket. But I had another idea, to add two small jingle bells with jute. So, that will go on next.

Tomorrow I will be stuffing my face and sitting in a chair afterwards, lol.
My kids will be coming and we cook the main foods and they bring some side dishes, so that helps me out.
My wishes, for all of my visitors, have a Blessed Thanksgiving, filled with family, love and good food.

10 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Wonderful stitcheries! Wishing you a very blessed Thanksgiving Day.

Linda said...

I love your stitcheries! Aged and beautiful, just the way I like them! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

moosecraft said...

Great pieces! Have a very Happy and Full Thanksgiving!

Karen said...

I am not fast at cross stitch either. The Santa makes a good ornament though. And would make nice gifts for your prim style friends.

Farm Field Primitives said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful day.
Melissa

Carrie P. said...

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I hope you are having a super Thanksgiving to make up for it. The little stitcheries are really cute.

julieQ said...

I really just love your stitcheries...so prim and fun!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie ~
I hope your Thanksgiving was the best ever.
Great stitcheries as always!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Unknown said...

beautiful pieces

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Debbie...read your interview over at Micki's...WOW...I love your work...Dzintra♥x