Thursday, January 27, 2011

Valentine Mini Quilt!

Today was a lazy day. We got a lot of snow overnight, so I woke up to a world, blanketed in even more snow.
Sometimes I just can't get motivated, so I thought about what I could do and everything seemed to much to bother with, lol.
I need something that motivates me to begin a new project, so thinking of ideas.

I need to make patterns and finish quilts, but sometimes it seems easier to start something new that I can finish quickly.
I don't decorate much for valentines, but I thought it would be fun to make a mini quilt for my rack.

I used my go cutter and scraps of fabrics and cut out a bunch of squares and triangles.
Then I sewed them together, badly, lol. The cutter cuts off the dog ears, so I have to get used to lining them up.
I usually sew and cut squares, to make my triangles.

As you can see, I sewed them any which way, then added some appliques. The kitty is from a whimsicals book and the bird is from a Cheri Saffiote book. I added my own touches and hearts and now I have a Valentines piece.

I have been asked to do another giveaway for CSN, so that will be coming next.
I have a choice of that or a review, but I like the idea of being able to have a giveaway with a nice price for my visitors.

14 comments:

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

ooh, I love it, Debbie! I love valentine's day and that is so sweet.

Jacque. said...

Nice work, Debbie!

acorn hollow said...

I love it and can not believe you did this in one day!
cathy

Libby said...

What a darling piece - I don't much decorate for Valentine's or Easter. Such is the life of a gal that loves dark colors *s*

Anonymous said...

OMGosh.....I LOVE THIS!!!

Lori said...

It is so sweet!!

Cindy said...

Very, very cute, Debbie. I love the whimsy of it, the folklore feel of it. Just darling.

appleberrycottage said...

So, so cute! I love the appliques on it!
Laura

Joanne said...

Very sweet!

moosecraft said...

Love this little quilt! Nice and cheery!

Prim Rose Hill ©2008-2020 said...

Really sweet! I'm enjoying my Go cutter too. :)

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Love it! You quilters are amazing!
Courtney

Linda said...

It's very sweet! Perfect for Valentine's!

Cheryl said...

Love the cat! So cute!