Wednesday, February 16, 2011

More Eggs!

I am on an egg craze, lol.
It is fun experimenting and trying different types and inspiration for all of you, to try your own.

I went fabric shopping and found some cheater fabric, so of course I had to get some, to try some quilted eggs.
I cut out the egg shapes and using a piece of batting behind them, quilted them with black pearl cotton.
Then I sewed them together and stained them. Great way to make quick eggs to fill a basket.

I need to watch how I sew my tops to keep them more rounded and next time I will try two pieces of batting to get it to look more quilted.



And this egg took me a while. I used fabric and artist markers to color in the design first. Then I outlined it with black and did a little fun stitching. I can get a little shading and blending with the markers, but I might try painting the next ones with acrylic. If you would like to make your own egg, you can find the design at Mary Corbet's.

I did not use anything to trace the design on this one. I taped the design on my light box, then I taped the fabric over that. Then I colored in the design, so I could just outline it with the black, afterwards. I did antique it with walnut ink, but the flash washes away the antique look.



And last but not least, I made a couple more scrappy eggs to add to my other basket. I asked Moki to hold them for me, so I could get a picture, that was a mistake;)

15 comments:

Joanne said...

Hey Moki is holding it - you asked him too right? He's protecting it from Dora I suppose! He's such a cool kitty!

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Your eggs are adorable, but I have to say Moki is too cute...an eggs-tra special kitty!
~Karen~

Linda said...

Love the eggs! Moki does too! LOL!!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

You certainly are on a roll with those eggs. Sure enjoyed the different ones you have come up with!

Firecracker Kid said...

LOL... oh my gosh no, not the back feet claws. I love the groovy floral egg. Nice;)
Carol

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Moki seems to think the egg shape is too mouse-like apparently!! He's a riot! The eggs are really nice--I like all the variations you're coming up with!
Cheers!
Courtney

Jeni said...

I love all your eggs Debbie! And your kittie is so cute too! We had our daughter for the weekend home from college and a full time job! She brought her kitties, and it was a great visit! I think I might have to get a kitten soon! They are funny!
Keep makin' eggs! I think I'll do some too! Thanks for the inspiration!
Jeni

Jacque. said...

Moki is quite the character. LOVE the floral egg! Done good. Again!

Terry said...

I love the egg with the flowers on it! That one could stay out year round! :0)

Shelley said...

Egg..Moki toy...it's all good :)

Anonymous said...

Now just think if you filled those eggs with catnip too!

Gretchen said...

LOL! Those eggs are perfect for Moki to "rabbit kick".

SewCalGal said...

Very cute. I think Moki wants you to make him a little fabric egg with catnip!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Soggibottom said...

Really love the look of the eggs Debbie. As for Moki.... he is always going to be the star of your posts. :-) x x x
Think Moki might need his own blog. :-) x

primitivebettys said...

Lovely! Moki is just TOO CUTE! :)