Friday, June 24, 2011

Rain Rain, Go Away!

I guess I can't expect every day to be perfect, we had three in a row, lol.
Yesterday we stayed home and walmart was the big fun for the day;)
Today it was overcast and rain predicted, and my back feels like someone ran over me with a truck, guess all that paddling finally set in. But, I had to take a walk at least, so we went to the point to get out before the rain came. The rain never did come but my back is so bad, a walk was enough for today.

I love to walk when it is cooler, the sea breezes feel so good and the air so clean.
How would you like to live on this island, talk about an ocean view.



The seals are gone and the cormorants have taken over the rocks. They seals leave, once it gets too warm.



I got a nice surprise in the mail from my friend Kelley. A box full of fabrics and a new book. Lots of homespuns, prim and some art pieces to have fun with and the book has some wonderful patterns I can make. Check out her blog, she has a free pattern that would be fun to punch or hook.

8 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow!! Lucky you!! Love your little surprise package!! We, too, have been deluged by rains - just emptied the rain gauge - another 4.25"....Started on an ark a few days ago, but am going to need a lot more styrofoam and duct tape... :o( Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

primitivebettys said...

Great fabrics from Kelley! :)

I hope your back is feeling better soon. Sorry to hear about the rain... but I'm sure the nice days will return soon & you will be doing more walking & paddling.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I could so live on that island! How cool!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I could live on that island too~ how cool! Love your surprise pkg. Have a happy weekend!

Lynn Barbadora said...

Raining at the Cape to Deb....but a gogd day to paint! Nice surprise package!
Hugs Lynn

Lori said...

What a generous friend!! It looks like the jackpot.

Beckyjean said...

Beautiful pictures of the water. We finally have a nice sunny day today after lots of rain. Love your goodie package.

Enjoy your day~Becky

Doris said...

Oh Debbie, love your dog story. So cute! great bunch of fabric from Kelley, so thoughtful