Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Punch Needle: Antique Black Cat!

I thought it was time to make something new and a new pattern. This piece is based on an antique rug and then I added my own touches and motifs. I have kept with the simplicity of the original and even used scrap floss in most of it, in keeping with the original style antique rugs. I did use black valdani for the kitty, I just love how it looks in a punched piece. The pattern is a single pattern, you will get a JPG file that has a photo of the punched piece and the design, ready to print, as is. If you want to hook this piece, you will need to enlarge it yourself. There are no instructions or color charts, but I am always happy to answer any of your questions to help you in creating your own piece.

The piece is for sale, 80.00, shipping and insurance is included.
It measures 6" x 4". The edge is done with lopi wool yarn and the back is finished off with a piece of wool and a hand signed tag on the back. It also comes with a certificate.


15 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Debbie ~ That is so precious! I love it....I don't know how you can stand to part with your pieces....
Have a wonderful tomorrow! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Jacque. said...

That is awesome, Debbie!

Staci said...

What a beautiful cat!

Allie said...

Oh Debbie that is wonderful - you amaze me! You make new things that have such a vintage feel, and such character!

The Eveningstitcher said...

Debbie...I love it! BEautiful, early antique-y colors! Gorgeous!

moosecraft said...

Gorgeous!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Love the cat...and the motifs around it as well. Nice job!
Courtney

kelley said...

Really a wonderful piece Debbie...have missed seeing your punched designs...

HomeSpunPrims said...

Awesome design and colors Debbie! You did a wonderful job on the simplicity and antique look.

primitivebettys said...

Very charming, Debbie :)

Deb said...

That is a really great piece.

Linda said...

Love it!!! You are so talented!!

SewCalGal said...

Very cute and purrfect for the Pets on Quilts show too.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

LenZie said...

OMG what a special design. Love this cute pillow.

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

Being the owner of two very spoiled black cats, I really love this piece. It's so sweet!