Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday Paddle!


Yes, I was out on the water again, I love it, I love to paddle, I love the cool salt air and rocking up and down in the waves, in my boat. Today was tougher, my muscles are getting tired, but I realized, I am feeling my muscles, so I must be getting some strength back, so that is good. It was a beautiful day out, high tide and just enough waves to have fun without a struggle.

I hope you enjoy my photos of our paddle today, the feeling I get when I am out in the water, is hard to explain, but is like being in heaven. Today I left my good camera home, so these are taken with my pocket camera which has horrid zoom.

The launch cove was nice and calm, but too hot to stay in the cove today.


We headed for the breakers, heading out to the bay.
The cormorants were enjoying the bay too.


Past the lighthouse and heading down the coast.


In coves and out of coves and around another point.
A rare photo of me, of course Bill cannot take a decent photo, lol.


Then into the cove at Rome Point, this is where we go for walks to see the seals. 
They leave in april, so no seals today.


Then to the point, this was our stopping point. We sat and enjoyed the boats and views while we had a snack. This photo was taken with my iPhone, not bad for a phone.



Then back down the coast, riding with the tide and the waves, till we got back to the harbor and made a stop at the little beach to cool off, before we headed home. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.



4 comments:

Sew Hungryhippie said...

I love seeing these kayak pictures. Looks so calming and lovely. :)

Deb said...

I envy you with your paddles. I can imagine it's heavenly. My sister and her husband do a lot of that as they have homes in CA and on Long Island. I'm hoping that the weather will be good in November when I visit her in Long Island to go for a paddle. She is right on a cove off the ocean and it's beautiful.

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

I love seeing your pictures!! I don't live near an ocean.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Some great shots!
Love the birds!