Sunday, January 6, 2013

Valentine Pillow!


I have been fighting the flu that seems to have hit most of us, so resting at home and working on some small projects. One of my favorite places to find free patterns is Primitive Blessings. Tiffany has a lot of free patterns with all types of designs.

One trick I use when I make stitched pillows is to put a piece of batting behind the muslim, so I get a nice quilted look and it hides the stitches better, so they don't show through. After I finished the pillow, I added walnut spray to give it a nice aged look.

What I like about this design, is that it is simple to stitch up and you can change the sayings if you wanted.


15 comments:

Ronda Walker said...

Love the saying on the pillow. Hope you feel better soon. Ronda

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Absolutely perfect!

Fiona said...

lovely pillow... the batting does give it a nice look... HOpe you feel better soon...
Hugz

cucki said...

Oh I hope you feel better soon..lovely pillow
Hugs x

Firecracker Kid said...

Another charming creation and thanks for the tip :)

Hugs~Carol

Anonymous said...

Wishing you well! I should know though that even under the weather you still make pretties!

Cindy said...

Sending you cyber hugs to get better.

I do the same when I make any size pillow, I put a piece of fabric under the "front" of the pillow to give it "more" of a quilted, heavier look.

Never heard that about walnut spray....cool

Allie said...

Oh Debbie I hope you feel better soon! Flu has struck hard around the country. I love your little pillow. I too love putting batting behind embroidery, I like the quilted look it gives. Feel better!

Beckyjean said...

Feel better soon!! Love the pillow.

Becky

Anna said...

it's so cute! Where do you get the walnut spray???

Melody said...

Sorry to hear you have been unwell. Gorgeous little project

Carrie P. said...

get well soon. sweet little valentine.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Very sweet! I hope you feel better soon!

jackiero said...

Thanks for sharing how you made your adorable pillow. I had been curious how you aged the fabric so quickly.

Kris said...

Oh, my, gosh - this pillow is sooo cute!! And I am sending you healthy thoughts so you can get better!! What is walnut spray? I love the effect!!