Monday, February 25, 2013

In My Garden Stitchery Pillow!


This weekend I took a trip to Jo anns with my coupons and they had Kathy Schmitz's book, Simple Pleasures in Redwork. I have been wanting some of her patterns and this book had the ones I wanted and a lot more. I decided to start with a small project and I also wanted some things to hang on my peg rack, for spring. This piece was perfect and I really enjoyed making it. The orginal design is done in one color, but I wanted a little color to cheer up my rooms.

The colors appear lighter than they actually are. I did not stain this piece, since I wanted the stitchery to show, but you can see the staining in the tea stain muslin that I used, just the right touch.


I also received a wonderful surprise from my friend Sharon today. A wonderful wool pillow to add to my bowl arrangement for spring, a Dogwood flower, love it! I love the textured wools in the piece.


10 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

Very pretty stitchery, so springy and what a nice gift from Sharon!

Firecracker Kid said...

Yes, they do look lovely. Especially the wool one :)

Carol

Karen said...

The bird bath pillow is a hit with me. About what size is the pillow? Just trying to get an idea of the design size.

Kris said...

Cute stitchery, Deb!! When you tea dye, do you really use tea??

Sandra Caldwell said...

Debbie this is lovely...fun and springy.

Sandra

cucki said...

Cute..so cute..I love the stitchery so much..
Hugs x

Kate said...

Your bird bath design is so lovely and makes me think spring. The dogwood pillow is very pretty.

krislovesfabric said...

Your bird and birdbath is lovely!

Carrie P. said...

I knew that design was Kathy's even before I read your post. I love her stuff.
sweet little pillow.

The Eveningstitcher said...

I love that embroidery pattern! It's so vintage looking...reminds me of the pillowcases my mom use to embroider. Beautiful gift from Sharon..another talented stitcher!