Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday Finishes and Winner Announced!


First I want to send my prayers and blessings to all those who were in the storm's path.

I finished my pillows today, I was running around all weekend, shopping for fun things to keep the baby entertained. Tonight my son called me on face time and Nicholas was laughing and trying to grab the pad, warms my heart that he is finally seeing me as someone who makes him happy:)

I am better, not great, but not any worse. I did go for xrays, nothing broken, he said it was tendonitis but had no idea what to do. I go to my doc this week, so he can help me out, I hope. I was able to do a lot more today, house is all clean so I can spend the day playing with Nicholas. He comes later, so that will be easier on me.

These pillows were waiting to be sewed and stuffed. I used batting since they are gifts for friends that they can use anytime, so I didn't want to scent them. Sometimes I dab a pillow with cinnamon so the packaged items smell good when they open it.

The angels are designs by Primitive Blessings. The nativity is an old design and I modified it a bit, meant to put a star on it, guess I will do that tomorrow. The two little pillows in front are stuffed with balsam. I wanted to have something that I could make up quick to hand out or add to packages, and I finally found a nice pine design to use. This way they can add it a bowl, place it in a tree, or wherever they want a scent. I made them 4", so small in size, but more in scent.

Mary is on the left, I messed up and cut out the wrong colors for the outfits, she should be in blue, lol.


These ornies are a design by Whimsicals. I have had the book for years and I finally got around to making some. I used marvy markers on two and pitt artist ink markers on the others, but I forgot what, was what, duh. They both worked, they did not run after heat setting, but you do have to be careful when you color in the letters and start away from the line so it doesn't soak out too far. I did the outline stitching after I colored and dried them. The ink doesn't need to be set, but I do it as an added precaution. Of course I soaked them in walnut to grunge them up. The jute is something new at Jo anns, Martha Stewart colored jute, it is a nice dark olive.


And now for the winner. Thank you all for playing along with me, I truly enjoy everyones company since I am stuck home most of the time, I feel blessed to have friends around the world. The winner of a free Epattern or booklet, is Annie of Scrappalachia. Annie, pick any pattern you would like and email me with your choice. Don't forget, Friday is Giveaway day, I will be showing the goodies I will be sending and more about the giveaway.

Speaking of giveaways, the generous folks at Sauder's Fabrics, are giving away a beautiful Featherweight, be sure to visit their Blog.

14 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I am so behind first of all that baby is so darling such a sweet face. I am so sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. I hope you get some relief soon. But it hasn't slowed you down with your stitching. Such pretty pieces.
Cathy

Julie Fukuda said...

In spite of the pain, you have managed to get a lot done. Those are all so nice. Aren't grandkids great? (and you can hand them back when you get tired).

cucki said...

They are all so sweet..
Prayers for all the families that affected by that storm
Big hugs x

Chris said...

The pillows are lovely. I hope that the tendonitis goes away soon and that the Dr. can help.
Have a great week!

Terry said...

Your tags are so cute! :0)

moosecraft said...

These are some great finishes! You get so much done! Congrats to Annie!

Raymond Homestead said...

You do such a great job!

Roberta said...

Your stitching is beautiful. Love the way everything turned out. What a sweet idea about the balsam pillows! Hope you find relief from your pain. Congrats to Annie! ~Roberta

Carrie P. said...

oh, such cute pillows and tags. sorry to hear you have tendonitis. I know how that feels.

Pam in IL said...

That's one gorgeous grandson! Your finishes are great! Hope you start feeling better soon.

Karen said...

I like the red background on the Nativity scene. Better than the tan background I used.

Anna said...

your projects are so adorable..I love the tags!

annie said...

Thank you so much! I am thrilled. I am glad he is doing better, and smiling. I hope you will improve, no fun with pain at all. I like the new things you have made!

Dawn said...

Great projects! You get so much done.
Glad you are felling a little better. Take care!