Friday, June 20, 2014

New Punch Needle Pattern!

This week I was being lazy and then I got an idea, which led to another idea and a new punch needle design. I was browsing and looking at antique pails and got the idea, why not make a punch needle that looks like an antique pail.

The design was done with dmc floss, with a mix of 3 and 6 strands. One problem is the needles are not the same size in heights, so I had to fix a few things after I finished and it still is a bit messy. I wanted to work it in a #1 height and now I know, stay with the #2 height, I do better with that.

I finished it off by using a rusty wire for the handle and then aged it with walnut ink. I tried taking photos in different areas, but nothing worked to show off how it really looks. I was going for an old rusty pail.

If you would like to make your own, I have a link to the pattern and it is also on my ecrater site. For my epatterns, I give a color photo, a black and white drawing and basic colors, that I used. I think my hand needs a break, way too much punching so time for a break.

And this is my week for a break. It is our anniversary tomorrow and Bill took the week off, so you know where I will be. I want to go to Connecticut and paddle in some of the places we went to. I love paddling during the weekdays, no crowds. Unfortunately they need Bill tomorrow night for a 12 hour test session, so we will go for a local paddle tomorrow so he can get some rest before he goes in. The weather will be sunny and hot, so hopefully nothing goes wrong and we can enjoy a beautiful week on the water.


6 comments:

moosecraft said...

This needlepunch is gorgeous! Beautiful design and the finish of a pail is very clever! Love it! Happy Anniversary to you both and enjoy the paddling!!!

Cathy G. said...

Wow! I love this design and the way it turned out! Someday I need to get serious about punch needle!
Happy Anniversary! It sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

Anna said...

You are amazing! I was showing off my eye glass case to girlfriends this week...including 2 of them that invested in punch needle last year but yet to have made one, lol

Jacque. said...

What a fun idea! Happy Anniversary to you and Bill. Enjoy your time together.

Lori said...

That pattern is so cute Debbie. Enjoy your time off with hubby!!

Soggibottom said...

Lovely pattern and will think of you paddling away :-) x x x