Monday, June 22, 2015

Monday at Blue Hill!


Well, it is late and I am exhausted as usual so I am going to be short tonight and when I get home, I can show more photos and news about our trip and a real review of the home. The house is not what is looked like in the photos, it is old and it is musty, so it is hard for me to relax inside since the smell is sickening. We got scents to cut it down so that helps but not enough;) The outside is wonderful, love the views and sitting outside.

We got rain yesterday so we went out and got supplies and things and today we got out and walked and hiked around a sanctuary, and rode around the islands to see what the areas would be like for paddling. Tomorrow will be raining again, so we will do what we can and then three days of sun, so we can paddle then.

This is end of Deer Island, Stonington, a beautiful seaport.


This is the view of the bridge coming back from Little Deer Island, to the mainland. This area is a public boat launch, looks like a nice place to paddle from.


When the tide goes out, we can comb the beach areas in front of our house. Bean loves to run around on the rocks and today he went in the water, he loves it here. This is my collection today, some I will keep and some I will put back, I will decide which ones later, but I am having fun, finding heart shapes and some I just like, the top left one is a little bird.


8 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I am glad you are finding the area lovely my grandmother was from that area but settled in Rockland so I only know the Rockland area.
Love your finds
Cathy

Saundra said...

Nice heart shaped stones. Sorry about the musty smell as that can be uncomfortable. Probably because the house had been closed up for so long. I'd open up all the windows for a while and let the breeze blow it all out the exiting side of the house. And if there are ceiling fans I'd burn them on full blast with the windows open and sit out side for a while.

Hope you can find solace there.

Saundra

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Caught up with a few posts of yours finally.....sorry your house was not as enjoyable as it appeared but outside it looks fabulous. Still good to get away for a bit. Your grandson is getting big fast...how did that happen? What a cutey. Still love your cats the most in your work...that cat rug is so nice!

Donna said...

Even though the house might not have been up to par, it looks like your surroundings are beyond gorgeous! I hope you enjoy your time there!

Anna said...

the views look spectacular but I feel so bad about the house...I have such a problem with musty moldy smells as it activates my asthma! finding a place on the beach is a challenge!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Sorry about the musty smell, but the views are wonderful!
Great little finds from the shore. That really does look like a bird.
Hugs :)
Lauren

julieQ said...

I collect heart rocks too! Love yours!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Ugh musty house - makes it hard to breathe! Love the views and your finds though.