Monday, February 15, 2016

Monday Smiles!


This weekend I worked on a small piece from a design by Kindred Spirits. The book is called Homespun Stitcheries and is out of print, but you can still get used copies of their books.

I just love this design, it is simple and fun and the saying makes me smile. I made a small one that I can give as a gift and have another I am working on for myself in a larger version. I put it in a frame to show you, but I want to make it more like a postcard with a stiff back and maybe felt behind that, and with a hanger, it will be a nice way to send a gift.

I didn't put any batting in this one, I wanted to keep the stitchery look.


This weekend was low key, and it was too cold to get out for a walk, so we went for a drive and just enjoyed the views from the car. This is what it looks like in the winter, just footprints from warmer days.


The boys came over for dinner, and while the guys were doing things, Nick and I hung out, he was giving me attitude, he is such a smart alec.

If you remember the garden stitcheries that I have been working on, you can now get them for free again. Theodora Cleave is offering them again, a few each day, so if you are interested in making your own garden quilt, make sure you visit and get your copies.

Another free BOM is starting up with Dawn at Linen Closet Quilts. She is offering a wool BOM with baskets, this is another one that I really want to do. I hope I can keep up with all of them.


14 comments:

Kate said...

Cute cat, Debbie. Thanks for the links. Nice to see Nick again and the blue sky and sunshine .... there's been a dearth of that here this month.

marie said...

I got the 2 blocks prepped and ready to stitch from Linen Basket today. I have 2 other larger wool/cotton BOM I'm working so I will just prep her blocks and the ones from Buttermilk Basin and just have them ready, they are small enough for car rides. Stay warm in your cold. Mild here in the NW my daffodils are blooming.

paulette said...

Your kitty cat and your grandson are both adorable! Little Nick is growing up so quickly!

Sandi said...

Your cat is delightful, Nick has that "look" on his face.

Aren't Dawn's basket cute, I downloaded them but need to print and prep the patterns. Maybe tonight.

theodora said...

Love Kindred Spirits now I think Alice Strebil is that how you spell her surname has a blog & is still stitching & rug hooking.....Kindred Spirits came to Australia to teach a couple of times...well twice I went to their amazing workshops Barb

annie said...

love your stitching!
that sunshine does look appealing, and young Nick is adorable.

Christine said...

What a sweet piece of stitching!

acorn hollow said...

He gets cuter by the minute.
I love your stitching you always keep so busy.
cathy

Unknown said...

That kitty is sooooo stinkin cute. I may need to find that book.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh, my. Nick does NOT look happy.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh, that stitched kitty is so cute. I'll bet it would look great on a quilt as well.

Sherry said...

Love the stitched kitty!

Raymond Homestead said...

Love that stitchery, so cute! Nick's pretty cute too! :)

Allie-oops Designs said...

That kitty is so cute!!! But not as cute as Nicholas, lol! What a doll he is. That beach looks mighty cold....