Tuesday, May 31, 2016

New Stitchery and Baby!

This weekend was a bust, way too hot and with the holiday, way too many people to enjoy going to the ocean. Even going for a ride was tough, the one time out we ran into a parade, so we stayed in and got things done around the yard.

I needed a project to work on since I prefer to sit inside with the air on, so I made up a piece with my new pattern. The pattern is available now and this shows you that you can use it in different ways to make matching pieces. I wanted something to put on a small wall area and this fit just right.

I changed the pattern to fit a stitchery and added a few extra items. The fireworks was something I added after I made the pattern and decided to keep it out, on the punch it didn't look right to me. On the stitchery it was a nice way to fill in some space and use it as a bit of quilting.

I took the photo outside so it turned back to light, it actually was walnut stained but it doesn't show up in the photo. I added a touch of color with my art pens and I think it turned out nicely and a fun piece to hang for summer. The finished piece is 9 1/2" x 9".


In other news, the new baby has arrived. My son got phone photos and sent them to me, so I was happy to see my new grandson. I sure wish they weren't staying in Malaysia so long, I do miss my sweet Nick and would love to spend the summer having fun with him. I am sure I will become just as, in love with Alex once I hold him in my arms but I have to admit, I am in love and wish I could just pick him up and cuddle him.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. The heat is ending today so I am going to enjoy the cooler temps this week.

Alex St. Germain: No idea what his middle name is, what day he was born or the weight, but he does look bigger than Nick at birth.



15 comments:

kelley said...

oh Debbie he is beautiful...so sorry you can't hold him or Nick for so long! congratulations on another sweet grandson...

The Eveningstitcher said...

Oh....beautiful little grandson, Deb!!! My heart aches for you that you can't pick that little one up and just love him...hopefully soon! Two little grandsons...how sweet!!!

It was hot here in Michigan too...we just stayed inside the house..I'll be glad when it cools down a bit. I told my husband we only had about two nice days of opening the windows them BAM...hot, sticky weather...on with the AC!! Have a great week!

Fiona said...

Oh congratulations _ i know exactly what you feel like with him so far away....
Hugz

gracie said...

Congratulations..... he is beautiful....

denise said...

what a cutie! congratulations!

acorn hollow said...

another sweet boy oh I don't blame you I would want to snuggle that baby.
I love your new piece always busy.
Cathy

Saundra said...

Congratulations! And I like your new stitchery too.

Karen said...

Oh, I see you did the new design in stitchery form. Interesting how you used buttons at the bottom instead of doing a flag. A nice change.

I know you are looking forward to the new baby arriving back home. Did you son make it for the birth?

Sandi said...

Congratulations on the new family member to you all! He rocks that green ones you! Great name! He looks like a sweetie just waiting for family cuddles.

Love the stitched variation of your new design! Congrats all around.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Congrats, Debbie,
He is beautiful. I hope he and Nick come home soon.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Allie-oops Designs said...

Congratulations!!!!!! Oh he's just beautiful - what a sweetie!!!!

moosecraft said...

Congratulations on the arrival of Alex! Hopefully their time away will fly by quickly so you can get back to playing with them... hugs!
Roads were very busy around here too (last weekend) and I am nowhere near the beach... seems there's a lot of shoppers and folks who dine out on Memorial day here... they even cancelled our town's parade for "threat of rain"... yeesh!

Julie Fukuda said...

Kids and grandkids so far away. I do know what that is like! Darling little guy. You will have a lot of snuggling saved up by the time they return.
The stitchery is great. You can celebrate the holiday with that rather than fight the heat and crowds. It is gusty and cool here and I will enjoy it while it lasts, the sauna weather will be here soon enough.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a beautiful baby! Congratulations! Darling stitchery, too! I love the fire works stitching. It adds a perfect touch.

Kate said...

Congratulations on your beautiful new grandson!! Just bet you can't wait to hold him.
Beautiful stitchery, Debbie.