Friday, August 26, 2016

Still working on it!


I started my new punch needle and this one is much better with the detail and rocks. I also made it a bit smaller. This is the kind of piece that I think would look wonderful in Valdani threads, since they have a nice variety of shades.

Bill has to work again so I will be working on finishing this piece and getting the pattern ready. I also have ones I have done and need to be finished and made into patterns, one is for fall, so that will be next.

It is so hard to get true colors and this is a piece that looks better in person. The seagulls look large, but that is how punch looks before it is all filled in.


Here are the two together, you can see the difference in size. I still have to do the upper sky and border. I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

The photos are more wonky since they are laying on a curved couch.


9 comments:

Sandi said...

They both look good, love the changes to the second version. Congrats.

The Civil War Quilter said...

They are very special. I love them both. I can almost hear those gulls!

kelley said...

I think they both look good...wishing I was by the water too right now...hope you have a peaceful weekend with Bill at work...

Julie Fukuda said...

Your second one is going well. I like the way you have repeated the blues and building color. The first one has its own charm as well.

Saundra said...

Very pretty design. What size is it?

Fiona said...

they are both so lovely...
Hugz

acorn hollow said...

so lovely! Your colors are wonderful
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Call me crazy, but I like the first version better. The colors are more subdued.
Happy Sunday :)
Lauren

Carole said...

I'm always in awe of your work. Your are such a prolific and creative person. Thank you for your inspiration. Cheers!