Friday, April 14, 2017

Friday Finish!


Posting early today, since we are going off grid, this afternoon. The weather has changed back and forth all week, and now it looks like a great weekend for camping. The bad thing is, I thought it was going to rain, so I let my Son host the dinner, which he wanted to do, so no picnic, and now it is going to be 79 on Sunday, ugh. It also means, we come back to the house and get things ready and Bean can stay home while we spend time at their house, then back to camp.

I Cooked up a pot of Goulash and some corn bread, so we can just relax and heat up dinner. Baskets for the kids are done and now we are just doing some finishing things and waiting for the milkman before we take off.

One reason we are going away is, it is not only Easter, but Danielle's birthday on Sunday, so it would be too much to sit home and think about the fact that she is not sharing it with us. She loved camping, so this will be a time for us to relax and be with her in spirit as we walk the beaches and enjoy nature.

I worked on a pillow, an idea I saw on a website, who made a pillow to ease her grief. She lost her daughter right after birth and spent the day, loving her and saying goodbye. I can only imagine her pain, for each of us grieves in our own way.

I made my heart with some of our clothes and some of hers, a special memory and inspiration as I walk this journey called Grief.


I also finished my eyeglass case, it is a bit smaller after sewing and I like a roomy case, makes it easier to get them out. It is also good for pocket cameras, too. I used old blue jean material behind the felted piece, and for the backing.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a Blessed Easter.


12 comments:

Glenda said...

The pillow is beautiful. My sister lost her son a few years ago and I know that there are days the grief is overpowering. My prayers are with you and your family. I pray the Lord wraps you in his love during this time that you remember her birth and the joy she brought to your life.

gracie said...

What a lovely idea, a pillow and your pillow is beautiful.

Sandi said...

Now that's a jump in temperatures for the weekend! Your pillow for Danielle is lovely make it bring you both much peace.

You eyeglass case turned ot great, fun that it is adaptable for two uses!

Enjoy your weekend camping, and you Sunday dinner.

julieQ said...

What a lovely tribute you made...such a pretty pillow! Have a great time...goulash sounds terrific!!

Karen said...

A hard time of year for you.

Fiona said...

Thinking of you especially on Danielle's birthday. the cushion is very special - I love that you used pieces of all your clothing....
Hugz

Rugs and Pugs said...

Sending hugs to you and hubby. I cannot even begin to imagine your pain. The pillow is a great tribute.
You still have a milkman? They haven't been here for decades!
Happy Easter.
Lauren

sandi s said...

I love your pillow! I remember when your daughter passed away and hope this weekend can be thinking of good memories of her life. Blessings to all of you. Hugs,

Kate said...

Debbie, the pillow is lovely and such a good idea.
Enjoy the fine weather and camping.

cucki said...

wow it is so sweet..i love it so much.
sending you love and smiles xx

Charlotte said...


The saying on the pillow is so nice - love the heart made from your clothing. Very special. What a difficult time for your family. I can only imagine the pain involved. Think of all the good times you shared.

Charlotte

Julie Fukuda said...

Friday would have been Paul's 80th birthday. He loved the blooming cherry trees and chose a picture of himself under the blossoms for his memorial. I am wondering how many years it will be until I can just enjoy the season. Maybe I need to make a little pillow of his things. Thanks for this post.